Final reflexion

Being able to work on blogs about my assigned country (Poland) has been a lot of fun and interesting, thanks to the activities and use of information and learning different aspects of culture than I have learned in my home country. I had a wonderful opportunity to see and learn about Polish culture, history, geography and society, I was able to compare it to my country Having said that, researching and searching for information on my blog changed the mindset that was i already have about Poland , because i realized that a lot of the stereotypes i learned about Poland were either false or exaggerated. One of the stereotypes and that left me a very interesting fact is that Poles not only drink vodka, but also have a great variety of beers, wines, and that their gastronomy is very diverse and delicious. What I liked the most in the activity of creating the page or blog was to be able to share and express my creativity and my curiosity to know another distant culture and the one I have had the pleasure to visit or live with that culture. I enjoyed learning to identify the cultural iceberg model to explore the visible aspects of Polish culture, and also using the Lewis and Hofstede models to analyze the cultural differences between Poland and Colombia. I believe that this information, apart from the subject I am taking, could be very helpful if I were to move to a foreign or Colombian culture. 

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Non-verbal communication

Presentation (Country Poland)

Brainstorming the stereotypes